Friday 8 November 2013

Perfect Fabric

Have you ever found the perfect fabric but didn't have a use for it at that exact moment? Yeah, me too. You stash it away until that future time when a eureka flash of inspiration invades your sense and you know exactly what you will make with said fabric.

Well that happened to me a few days ago, I knew the lilac wool blend fabric that I had stashed away would be perfect for a little skirt with left over fabric for applique on a long sleeved plain shirt. Hmm, bit cold though, so into town I went to buy wool to knit the perfect cardigan to go with the perfect outfit, I was fair jumping with creativeness.

Until . . . I went hunting through my fabric stash, you know the ones in storage boxes stashed under your bed? The ones that store winter fabric through summer and vice versa? Well, apparently I must have dreamt the whole thing! The fabric does not exist in my stash, in my house, online, in shops, in fact not anywhere in the whole universe. I am well and truly gobsmacked!

So, wow - not the perfect fabric but the perfect dream! Am I the only person that dreams up outfits for my gd in fabric that is stashed, not in a box, but in my imagination? Oh well, back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments